2021 Assembly Day 1 & 2 Registration Information
Please read these instructions carefully and
completely before registering!
Registration for the upcoming 2 Day Assembly, June 11 & 12, 2021 and the Installation Service for Bishop Barbins on June 12, 2021 has opened. Please read this entire message before registering. A lot has changed from previous assemblies and space is limited for in-person participation.
Occupancy at the Knight Center is subject to legal/medical limitations. In the event that occupancy levels are reduced, first allotments will go to those who must be present for assembly and installation operations, plus those registering for Friday seminars which are only offered in person. After that, remaining in person attendance will be given to those who register earliest. Others will be changed to remote registration. If you have any question email email@example.com. Please do not call the Lutheran Center. Office hours are still limited.
This year’s assembly will be divided into two separate parts: Assembly Day 1 – Educational Seminars, and Assembly Day 2 – Business Session. The Bishop’s Installation service will be at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 12, 2021. All three events will be offered in-person at the John S. Knight Center in downtown Akron and remotely either as a webinar through Zoom or live streamed on the synod’s YouTube channel (youtube.com/NEOSynod). In-person space is limited. All in-person attendees for both the Assembly Day 1 & Day 2 as well as the installation service MUST register online.
Assembly registration closes MAY 30, 2021. NO WALK-IN registrations will be accepted.
Assembly Day 1 – Educational Seminars (Friday, June 11, 2021) are open to anyone who would like to attend one of the following educational seminars. The seminars are offered as either a full day or two half day seminars in-person or via a Zoom webinar. When registering you will need to choose one of the full day seminars or two of the half day seminars listed below.
- Full Day – Foundation for a Culture of Generosity – Rev. Mike Ward
- Full Day – Renewing the Church: A Personal Communal Journey – Rev. Dr. Dave Daubert
- Full Day – Reimagining Youth Ministry Beyond the Pandemic – Melissa Rau
- Full Day (in-person only) – Dependable Strengths (for retirees only) – Sara Fortin
- Half Day – Christ Centered Prayer I (AM session) – Rev. Dr. Paul Barbins
- Half Day – Christ Centered Prayer II (PM session) – Rev. Dr. Paul Barbins
- Half Day – Transformative Listening for Daily Life (AM or PM session) — Barbara Schwery
In addition to the seminars the day will begin with an opening worship, extended time for fellowship and discussion, lunch (in-person only), closing worship, and an evening reception (in-person only.)
Assembly Day 2 – Business Session (Saturday, June 12, 2021) is for conducting the business of the Northeastern Ohio Synod. Registered voting members will receive login credentials for the TurningPoint voting app. These credentials will be sent to each voting member’s unique email address. The assembly business will be conducted either in-person at the John S. Knight Center or remotely through live streaming on the synod’s YouTube channel NEOSynod (youtube.com/NEOSynod) and Zoom. The day will start with breakfast (in-person only) before we begin with Morning Prayer. Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton will be our ELCA Churchwide representative and Rev. Dr. Jack Fortin, author of The Centered Life, will be our keynote speaker. Following the close of business a lunch will be offered to those who attended in-person and requested one.
Installation Service (Saturday June 12, 2021) for The Rev. Dr. Laura Barbins will take place at the John S. Knight Center on Saturday, June 12, 2021 beginning at 2:00 p.m. in Goodyear A&B. A reception will follow the service and all attendees who were present for the service are welcome to stay for the reception. Space is limited and only those who electronically registered/RSVP their intent to attend the service and/or reception in-person will be allowed on site.
Online Registration Helpful Hints:
- Do not use middle name or initial. Only use one space between first and last name.
- If there are spaces between your first or last names remove them (example MaryJane Doe.) The system will only allow for no more than one space between first and last name.
- Voting member emails must be unique to only them to be able to use the TurningPoint voting app. Login information for the app will be sent to the registering email.
- Enter 1 for the Country Code
- To add additional attendees click on the pale grey + circle found just above “Additional Info.”
- If paying with a check use promo code SACHECK
- Retired Ministers not serving a congregation who will be attending any portion of the two day assembly should use promo code RETIRED21
- Lay Synod Council members attending Assembly Day 2 – Business Session as a voting member not representing their congregation will need to use promo code DAY1250 for Assembly Day 1&2 or promo code DAY2100 for Assembly Day 2.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please do not call the Lutheran Center. Office hours are still limited.
To receive a grant for the 2021 assembly you must first email email@example.com and request financial assistance. In the email please specify if the request is for an individual or a congregation. If the request is for an individual include the reason for the request and your name or the name of the person needing financial assistance. For a congregation include the congregation’s name and city, contact person and the names of the attendees/voting members, along with a reason for the request. After the request has been reviewed an email with the decision and/or grant code will be sent.
Large Group* Discounts
If your congregation qualifies for the large group discount please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a time will be set-up to register your congregation’s attendees.
*A large group consists of one or more paid rostered leaders and at least five additional attendees. (Examples: 1 paid minister plus 5 attendees = $700; 2 paid ministers plus 5 attendees = $850; 3 paid ministers plus 5 attendees = $1,000)
In-Person Online Registration Links
Assembly Day 1&2 (in-person) – Educational Seminars & Business Session, June 11-12, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3686480
Assembly Day 1 (in-person) – Educational Seminars – June 11, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3687075
Assembly Day 2 (in-person) – Business Session, June 12, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3687224
Bishop’s Installation Service and Reception RSVP (in-person) – June 12, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3680805
Remote Online Registration Links
Assembly Day 1&2 (remote webinar/live streaming) – Educational Seminars & Business Session, June 11-12, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3687025
Assembly Day 1 Remote Webinar – Educational Seminars – June 11, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3687152
Assembly Day 2 Remote Livestream – Business Session, June 12, 2021: https://tithe.ly/event-registration/#/3687279