>>COVID-19 Community Resources for Ohio – a useful graphic
>>In this important webinar hosted by the Minneapolis Area Synod and attended by ELCA bishops and other rostered leaders, Bishop Ann Svennungsen converses with noted epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm about COVID-19 and issues congregations should consider as they contemplate re-opening for in-person worship. When a transcript is available, it will be posted on the Minneapolis Synod’s COVID-19 resource page.
>> The NE Minnesota Synod Mental Health Initiative Team has compiled an excellent list of links resource related to COVID-19. Topics range from assisting those who struggle with addictions, easing the anxieties of children and teens to ways to grandparent during COVID-19 as well as personal mental health tips. View this list, share it with your health ministry team, youth and family ministry leaders and bookmark http://www.nemnsynod.org/mhcovid19.html
>>Payroll Protection Program for small businesses, including congregations: The Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”) authorizes up to $349 billion in forgivable loans to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis. Click here for a fact sheet. Contact your congregation’s lender for more information and an application. There is an ELCA video explaining the program here.
Additional sites and links you may find useful:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 page
- ELCA Guidance for Worship in Times of Public Health Concerns
- Lutheran Disaster Response (Ohio) – Congregational Planning Checklist for a Pandemic
- Ohio Department of Health – Order to Limit and Prohibit Mass Gatherings
- Ohio Department of Health Corona Virus (COVID-19) page (updated link)
- Ohio Department of Health – Guidance for Community and Faith-Based Organizations
- The Ohio Channel – a service of Ohio’s public broadcasting stations, which includes programs and live updates from the Statehouse
- Pandemic Hope: A Family Devotional for Life During COVID-19
- Worship and Education Links for Congregations in Response to the Corona Virus – compiled by Karen Kaufman, NEOS Resource Specialist
- Additional COVID-19 resource links – compiled by Karen Kaufman, NEOS Resource Specialist
Cleveland Clinic: Returning to Sacred Spaces Amid COVID-19 (guide for faith leaders)
The ELCA Worship blog features a weekly post called “Worship in the Home,” providing devotional resources for you/your family to use at home.
See also this page: Guidelines and Protocols for Worship Gatherings and Congregational Meetings